The publishing dream to reality...
Writing commercial fiction
I’ve been elbow deep in writing and editing, and currently have two contemporary women’s fiction titles under my belt. The manuscripts are currently being workshopped and it’s my goal to score a fantastic publisher to work with.
Authors I admire and hope to emulate: I love many authors from Jane Harper to Delia Owens, but my writing style would more closely match that of Sarah Haywood (The Cactus), Liane Moriarty (Big Little Lies) and Marian Keyes.
My writing style:
- Australian based stories with our lifestyle and scenery highlighted throughout.
- A focus on women’s lifestyles, where issues, pressures and the world we live in today is dealt with friendship, drama and a dash of humour.
- Contemporary tone and pace.
Looking for writing tips and book recommendations?
I share valuable writing tips I’ve learned on my commercial fiction writing journey, along with fantastic book reviews of what I’m currently reading. Sign up to my newsletter to get the latest straight to your inbox.
Active Member of:
- Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance (Freelance Pro)
- Australian Society of Authors
- Romance Writers of Australia.
- Bachelor of Journalism (2002)
- Fiona McIntosh Mini Masterclass (2018)
- Aust. Writing Centre. Creative Writing Stage One (2016)