‘It’s a long road to getting published, but I will get there.’ – Me
Ok, so I’m being cheeky by quoting myself above, but it is my ultimate professional goal to be a career novelist. I’ve talked about writing a novel for so long that it was time I stopped the wishing and started writing.
I’m currently in the second phase of developing my manuscript and I’m working towards having it completed this year.
My writing style:
- Australian based stories with our lifestyle and scenery highlighted throughout.
- A focus on women’s lifestyles, where issues, pressures and the world we live in today is dealt with friendship, drama and a dash of humour.
- Contemporary tone and pace.
Authors I admire and hope to emulate:
- Marian Keyes
- Liane Moriarty
- Jane Green
- Lauren Weisberger
- Elle/Hachette Short Story Competition (2018)
- Bachelor of Journalism (2002)
- Fiona McIntosh Mini Masterclass (2018)
- Aust. Writing Centre. Creative Writing Stage One (2016)